A Cog in the Cosmic Machine
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Sometimes you have to make hard choices: sacrificing your crew members may be bad, but ticking off your stockholders could be worse. In A Cog in the Cosmic Machine, you are an AI transporting cargo through the dangers of space and capitalism. The only constant in space is value. Construct and modify your ship in preparation for your journey; manage your resources effectively to survive the long trip safely to port. Explore a branching narrative as you make tough decisions, navigate crew tensions, and balance the value of human lives with the value of cold, hard capital.
Feedback Form---> https://forms.gle/7nfEYXj7PPoSaFYF6
- Hold Up Arrow - Volume Up
- Hold Down Arrow - Volume Down
- M - Toggle Audio Mute
- Escape - Quit Game (on standalone version only)
- Left-Click Left Side UI - Spawn room on the ship
- Hold Left-Click on Room - Drag to move rooms around the ship
- Q/E + Hold Left-Click on Room - Rotate room left/right
- Release Left-Click on Room - Place rooms on the ship
- Right-Click Room - Remove's room from ship
- Left-Click on Room - Changes what room to add crew to
- Left-Click on Room - Opens overtime mini-game
- Left-Click or Space - Continue Dialogue
- Return/Enter - Show Dialogue Immediately
Bugs? Report here:
|Updated||16 days ago|
|Published||20 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Authors||Party Parrot Patrol Parade, chloeharte, Isabel, pizzadelivery3, Kyle Tucker, Jake Hyland, Alex Cline, Steven Drovie|
|Made with||Unity, Adobe Illustrator|
|Tags||2D, Multiple Endings, Narrative, Roguelike, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Space, Story Rich|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Links||Twitter, Source code|
- Download the version of the game that is for your computer's operating system.
- Unzip the downloaded folder.
- Open the Extracted folder, and then folder inside.
- Double-Click on the game executable/app to launch.
- Enjoy! :)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.